- Brand: Mercury
- Size: 7.5 9.8 HP
- Color: Black
- Style: 19" Long - 6/8 splines
- Condition: For Parts or Not Working
- Notes: Cleaned & Inspected!
- SKU: 29903 LRU
- Manufacturer Part Number: N/A
- Country of Manufacture: United States
- Motor & Engine Type: Mercury
- Part Type: Motors, Engines & Components
- Other Part Number: N/A
- Surface Finish: Painted, Black
- Warranty: 30 days
- Inventory Number: 29903 LRU
- Website Category: Lower Units
- Website Sub Category: Complete Lower Units
- UPC: N/A
Mercury 20" Lower Unit
|Condition||FOR PARTS OR REPAIR|
|Additional Info||This lower unit is in good shape. The paint is chipped, scuffed and scratched in areas, but these are cosmetic issues and only that, cosmetic, and will not affect the performance of this lower unit. The shafts on the unit are straight. This will need to be resealed and have a new impeller. When we pressure tested this unit, the driveshaft seal did leak. We did open this lower unit and did notice some corrosion on the shifter. From the top of the water pump, the driveshaft measures 19" long and has 6 splines. The prop shaft has 8 splines. All of the splines are in good condition. This unit has been drained and will need oil put in prior to use.
The shift rod is the most important piece of this unit when interchanging. There are 3 different shift rods that will differ in the late 60's early to mid 70's lower units. This shift rod measures 5.25" and has 8 splines. The splines are just over an inch long. Please look at the pictures closely to make sure the shift rods are a match.
Because we have this listed for parts or repair only, we virtually cannot accept returns on this lower unit. Please confirm closely that this is the correct one for your motor prior to purchasing.
|Fits:||1970-1975 - 7.5 9.8 HP|